Monday 6 January 2020

A big Thank You!!

Not everyone has their life figured out at 30 years, and I guess I am no exception. I just believe in Karma and luck and follow the mantra to give my 200% in whatever I do.

Flashback!
I may not be super successful career woman but I am in a happy place. Oh 2019, I by your side have grown to be a person with multiple roles of a homemaker, student, teacher, entrepreneur, manager and much more!
Fam Jam!
I feel blessed to be surrounded by
positive and inspiring people, particularly my parents who have always supported me, be it with respect to education, career, hobbies or literally anything else. It has indeed been their bend towards education, enthusiasm towards financial planning and providing of a learning-conducive environment that I identified and nurtured my potential. Dear 2019, it has felt great to showcase what I can accomplish and manage entire family's personal finance post marriage.

Motivators!
Starting with writing poetry, short stories and experiences on my personal blog, I feel privileged to be associated with various publishers and magazines. Writing personalised messages for birthdays, kid’s recitation competitions, love letters on behalf of others, this year, I have secretly enjoyed it all!  Big thanks to my dear friends Poonam & Khushboo and my dear mom for their all-time guidance.

I believe every person has a right to choose his destiny and I chose to support my family with something I am good at. Started in 2013, today I continue with SMARTYs – the Kids Clothing Boutique with my sister Shilpa wherein I handle accounting and content writing. After incessant efforts of 6 years, this year has been fulfilling on the entrepreneurial front. Successful fashion shows, extensive media coverage, recognition and handsome revenue have only made me realise that it does not matter how slowly we go as long as we don’t stop. https://wordsspeakformind.blogspot.com/2019/09/smartys-boutique-for-apparels.html

French Students!
I have been in love with French language since 6th standard. However, moving out for higher studies and a finance job later, I got distanced from the language. But as they say, kindling fire cannot be contained and so I resumed it as soon as I got the opportunity 10 years later. Dear 2019, you have got wonderful things in my kitty by way of the tremendous support from my new family, specially my sister-in-law Ruchi, who not only encouraged me to start my own teaching classes but to pursue higher international certification programs in French. So, if I have any advice to give, it is to not write off a hobby. Whatever you do, don’t do your side projects like they don’t mean anything. Clearly they do, or you wouldn’t still be doing them. I turned by hobby into my career and I’m stoked about it.

I was always fascinated by law centric movies and sitcoms but never happened to be acquainted in that space in reality. As fate turns out, I got married to a lawyer. Oh 2019, you surprised me time and again. A random suggestion from father-in-law “I think you should do Law!”, instant submission of application form, extensive preparation and taking the entrance test for Rajasthan University on my birthday and securing admission on my husband’s birthday, it feels as if it was all planned.

Vacay.... Yayy!
Dear 2019, you have literally flown by but the inexplicable memories created at a family trip to Singapore and Bali, short break with friends to Udaipur, all-girls trip to Agra, religious weekend at Kundalpur and the much awaited holiday with parents to Vietnam & Cambodia will be cherished forever. Thank You Ankit for being one amazing life and travel partner. All these trips were not just about taking a break from the routine; they have been my gateway to research, learn and explore, experience life differently, being out of the comfort zone, follow my passion of photography by capturing the memories and pursue my hobby of writing by putting up travelogues as a return ticket to a moment otherwise gone.

I think that my steepest learning curve would be as a homemaker. Be it cooking, budget rationing, taking responsibility of the entire house and trying the utmost to keep everyone happy, I strongly experienced that homemaking is more than housekeeping. Serena Williams said “Every woman’s success should be an inspiration to another. We’re strongest when we cheer each other on” and I can never thank enough my mother-in-law and my mother for being two rock solid pillars of my life.

IPL with mumma
Fun with the girls
This time around, due to some reason or the other I had to skip the yearly rituals- Literature festival, Dandiya Utsav and Theatre Festival but happened to have a lot of firsts. From watching a live cricket match to celebrating Valentine’s Day with family, from an amazing surprise-loaded birthday to a romantic second anniversary, from full-on time pass to attending really inspirational talk-shows, this year was so much fun.

There have been times when I have been scared and reluctant to make commitments but my little experiences and valuable advice from friends and family has taught me the secret to get ahead is to get started. I have had my share of sorrows and cried a few nights, but I guess if today I don’t even remember what those tears were for, we are Okay.  

I know that 2019, you have bestowed upon me good luck and rewarded me generously for my hard work, but it is time to part ways. You have taught me lessons that will stay with me forever…. You have made me understand that “Time is NOW!” You have inspired me to take the leap of faith to live the dream and the belief that we get in life what we have the courage to ask for. As we say goodbye, I strive to be little more patient, more optimistic, more open to challenges and more accepting towards things I cannot change.
Thank You 2019….. Welcome 2020; let’s make more stories to tell!
Shruti

15 comments:

  1. Amazing story written in most beautiful words
    -saurabh Bakliwal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing story written in most lovely words. Happy new year 2020 and best wishes for new story.SUNIL SETHI

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mast story in lovely words������

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have seen many bloggers who write about others but few are there who share their personal feelings,in few people one comes my bhabhi who is outspoken, confident, smart,I must say all these words are less for her .all the very best keep Sharing ur li6 feelings as i always do .love u shruti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a ton for such kind words!! Although I can't find your name as it is showing unknown.... I really really appreciate these lovely compliments 😄

      Delete
  5. Short n sweet description of whole year in such a beautiful way... Gd one... Keep it up.. n all the best for future posts...
    RUCHI SETHI

    ReplyDelete
  6. So nice and entertaining blog.Glad that your 2019 was full of fun and hard work and what not..best wishes for your future endeavours. Shruti bakliwal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very inspirational blog Shruti.. beautiful description of whole year with pictures..keep writing

    ReplyDelete